At Calvary we use an AVTech RoomAlert 11ER to monitor and alert us to environmental conditions in our "server room".
Recently I setup their Device ManageR software to get better reporting and historical metrics in place for the RoomAlert unit. I decided to put it on the same VM hosting some other support pieces. Out of the box Device ManageR uses port 8080 for it's web front-end. MaintenanceAssist on that VM also uses 8080, so I needed to change Device ManageR; I also did not want to change or modify the running MaintenanceAssist software. Here's how:
- Login to the console of the VM that hosts Device ManageR
- Stop the "AVTECH Device ManageR" service
- In an Explorer window, open the Device ManageR install path, and navigate to the "conf" directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\AVTECH Device ManageR\conf
- Locate the "settings.xml" file, and open it in your favorite text editor (note that you may need to elevate your privileges if you're using Server 2008R2)
- Find the following line and change the # value to the desired port (in this example I used 8090):
- Save your file
- Make the appropriate changes to the firewall on the VM (allowing access on the port you selected)
- Start the AVTECH Device ManageR service back up:
- Open a web browser and check to make sure it's running properly
That's it, now Device ManageR will run on a "non-standard" port.