We use Canon Copiers @ work for our high-quality print jobs. Recently I wanted to lookup what driver version an OS X machine was using. Here's what I did to look up the driver version (only tested for PS/PostScript drivers):
- Open up terminal
- SSH into the remote machine
- Authenticate (password etc)
cat /Library/Printers/Canon/CUPSPS2/Utilities/Canon\ CUPS\ PS2\ Printmonitor.app/Contents/Info.plist|more
- Look for the section titled
- Look for the line that says:
- Look at the next line:
In my case it reads:
- This means that the PS driver version is 3.31
- Navigate to the Canon directory under Printers
- Navigate to the /CUPSPS2/Utilities directory
- Navigate inside of 'Canon CUPS PS2 Printmonitor.app'
cd Canon\ CUPS\ PS2\ Printmonitor.app/
- Navigate to the 'Contents' folder
- Type 'cat Info.plist'