Thursday, July 28, 2011

Workout Plan

Recently I've been doing P90x for a workout plan. Like many IT professionals, I need to lose a few pounds. The hardest part so far has been the food. I need to keep a better log of what I eat, so here it goes.

What I did & ate today (7/28/11):

  1. Water, Water, Water. I find myself needing to drink a lot of water
  2. Workout: Yoga X (I only made it 1/2 of the way through, as I overdid my workouts earlier this week, didn't eat properly, and am now horribly sore)
  3. Breakfast (after workout):
    3 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, mixed together with 3 oz. of Chicken breast from last night and 3oz. of grated Parmesan Cheese
    3 slices of low-sodium bacon (I splurged and went for real bacon)
    An 8oz cup of coffee w/ 1oz 2% milk and 3/4 teaspoon sugar
    10oz glass of OJ
  4. Snack:
    15 almonds (unsalted)
    4oz coffee w/ 1/4 teaspoon sugar
  5. Lunch:
    Aldi's Fit & Active Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bar
    2 Turkey Franks
    4 slices of Oven Roasted Turkey
    A mini-whole wheat pita
    6 oz. of Lite cottage cheese
  6. Snack:
    15 almonds (unsalted)
  7. Dinner:
    8 oz of Chicken (w/ a touch of Garlic Salt, Olive Oil, and Lemon Pepper)
    1/3 cup of couscous
    4oz green beans
    10oz of 2% milk
  8. Before bed 'edge-off' snack:
    Almonds (salted!)
Maybe I'll get better about this and get the exact caloric #'s put in tomorrow.

No comments: